Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Colonoscopies - No Joking Matter
Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments , made by patients, during the exam were quite humorous..... :
And the best one of all..
- "Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!
- "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"
- "Can you hear me NOW?"
- "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
- "You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married."
- "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"
- "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out..."
- "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"
- "If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!
- "Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."
- "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"
- "God, now I know why I am not gay."
- "Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?"
On a more serious note. If you don't have a copy of The First Year, Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, by Jill Sklar, you should pick one up. She has written five pages regarding colonoscopy prep that everyone about to have a colonoscopy should read. Here is a link:
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Monday, December 31, 2007
And props to Disney World on the food. There was a huge selection of healthy choices. Fruit stands in almost every area and fruit and salad choices on every menu - yes - even the fast food places served fruit. I only had one minor Crohn's flare up and it was related to missing a medication dose.
I have never been happier to see a year pass. I wonder if you feel the same regarding the year you were diagnosed with Crohn's? Goodbye and good ridance 2007....
Monday, December 24, 2007
And I will be praying for each of you too. Praying that you and your families have a very Merry Christmas. And that you accept The Gift.
Peace on Earth, and goodwill toward men.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
DH and I have begun to feel "good" again. We have started to get out a bit, go to football games, take walks in the neighborhood, take the kids to the movies, etc. This is something to be thankful for. And when I think about counting my blessings, I am quick to acknowledge they truly are too numerous to count (Psalm 40:5 NIV).