Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving

I can't say I will be sad to see the year 2007 pass. It has been an unbelievable year in regards to medical diagnosis es and surgeries in my family. Five surgeries among us. Two were mine, knee surgery, oompectomy (ovaries removed), and then my Crohn's diagnosis. My husband had four cervical discs replaced, HS1 (17 years) had his wisdom teeth removed, and last Sunday follow Thanksgiving, HS2 (10 years) had to have an emergency appendectomy. I have a four inch binder going already to keep up with our medical bills and the insurance EOBs and I haven't even begun to insert anything from the latest hospital stay. I am considering a second binder.



DH and I have begun to feel "good" again. We have started to get out a bit, go to football games, take walks in the neighborhood, take the kids to the movies, etc. This is something to be thankful for. And when I think about counting my blessings, I am quick to acknowledge they truly are too numerous to count (Psalm 40:5 NIV).

Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done,
And Your thoughts toward us;
There is none to compare with You
If I would declare and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to count.
Thank You Lord.

No comments: