Saturday, April 12, 2008

Crohn's and Gallbladder Disease??

Yep, that's right. It is very common for Crohn's patients to have gallstones or inflammation of their gallbladders. I learned this after I had an attack last Friday. My fever was 103.5 upon arrival at the hospital. The ultrasound and CT Scans were each normal. No stones. My Hida Scan was BORDERLINE.... Where have I heard that before? After my Internist, Gastro, and Surgeon consulted, it was determined it should come out. I spent the weekend on antibiotics and a clear liquid diet, and on Monday, April 8, 2008, I lost my gallbladder. It was sent for pathology. Wonder if I'll ever hear about that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have Crohn's. I'm going for an ultrasound scan this week to check my gallbladder after high fever, inflammation etc. Gallbladder problems are quite common with Crohn's. In the general population, many more women than men have gallbladder problems. I wish you a speedy recovery.