Monday, September 3, 2007

The Alpha

I am beginning this blog today and I am not even "officially" diagnosed. Maybe this entry should be called "The Pre-Alpha"? But, did you ever just KNOW something was SO? One of my doctors mentioned the disease while spelling out a laundry list of things that could be causing my problems. When I got home that evening I researched my symptoms online and this disease kept popping up as a possibility.....I had never even heard of it before. When I read further about it, it was as if a light came on - you know exactly what I mean....it happened to you too! It struck me that day, almost a month ago, that I have probably had this for at least ten years. I am just now, at age 43, being (almost) diagnosed.

My doctor wants to perform ONE MORE test before he officially declares that I have Crohn's, but I have decided to accept it and begin the coping process.

Crohn's and Coping ~ Here is my first bit of advice to help you cope with your Crohn's diagnosis: Journal about it. Blog. Seek out others who share your symptoms and diagnosis. Fellowship. Community. Take a deep breath. Exhale slowly.

No comments: