Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's a Clear (Liquid Diet) Day

Today, in preparation for the final test my doctor wants to perform before officially naming me a Crohn's patient, I have to be on a clear liquid diet. Apple juice, jello (nothing red or purple), chicken broth and for a treat today I bought some LEMON CHILL ! As a kid I always loved getting those things at Astroworld (Houston's now closed branch of Six Flags).

Tomorrow morning I will be having an M2A (mouth to anus) Capsule Study. This really sounds like the coolest test yet. I will visit my doc's office to swallow a capsule the size of a large vitamin. His staff will strap a beeper on me, and then I can head off to work. This little capsule - which contains a light, a camera, battery, and a transmitter - will send pictures of my insides to the beeper all day as I go about my usual business at work. TWO PICTURES PER SECOND if you can believe that! At the end of the day I return to the doc's office and turn in the beeper. I expect some time tomorrow evening I will poop the thing out. I will not be returning the capsule to the doctor - ONE TIME USE - thank you.

Here is a picture of how the capsule looks. How cool is that?

No comments: