Sunday, September 23, 2007

Indicators of Crohn's

When I went in to get the results on the Capsule Study I was surprised to learn that we learned nothing! My test pictures were normal. There were no signs of active Crohn's. While that is a praise, I am sure you can understand my frustration to not receive a definitive diagnosis.

In fact, in speaking with several doctors over the last couple of weeks, I have learned that there are really no tests for Crohn's specifically, but instead all of these tests are being used to rule out other diseases.

Since, in many of my tests there were indicators of Crohn's, and no proof of other diseases, my doctor believes I have what MAY BE a mild form of Crohn's and has thus began treating me as such.

Beginning treatment:
  • Entocort EC - 3 capsules a day
  • Colazal 750 mg - 3 capsules 3 times a day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mate, I know exactly how you feel, I have the same situation. A colonoscopy showed inflammation but thats it, No ulcers etc. I then had a capsule - totally normal.

I have been told I MAY have a mild form or underdeveloped form of crohns. I have been started on

9mg of budesonide (entocort)
pentasa twice daily.

I share your frustration buddy!

best regards

Aaron